A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, June 21, 2024

In the Fog - Richard Harding Davis

London Fog. It's something we've probably all heard of. A few times throughout history, the fog has been so bad it's newsworthy. This story doesn't take place during the actual fog but the day after.

Some men are relaxing in an exclusive club. They spot a man who should be at the House of Commons, and they believe the patriotic thing to do would be to delay him. The man loves a good mystery, so the men decide to tell their stories to him.

I'm not saying more than that. The story is short, and there are some twists in there that surprised me. I really liked it and plan to recommend it to my daughter. She likes mysteries, and I want to know what she thinks.

The original book was written in 1901, so the full text is available in the public domain. I initially downloaded the Google version, but I don't recommend it. There are a few pages that look like scanned book pages while the rest isn't. Also, some of the formatting didn't transfer over well. I wish I'd gotten the Gutenberg version. They're usually fine.

The writing flowed and was easy to read. For this being written in 1901, I was impressed. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment