A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Lady of the Lake (The Witcher Saga #7) - Andrzej Sapkowski

I've finally come to the end of the Witcher books that I bought. Again, I'm writing these up for my own reference, so they are including spoilers.

Technically there is another book in the series, but it's a standalone and set before this storyline. I'm keeping an eye on it, so the plan is to get to it eventually.

Spoilers! Seriously, there are so many spoilers...

So we finally get the gang together. It takes quite a while, like 2/3 of the book, but it does happen. In the meantime, we get a lot of war. I mean, a lot. The showdown at the end was a rollercoaster for sure. I hated that we took our friends there just to watch literally all of them die. Except for the main three of course. But yeah, Regis, Cahir, Angouleme and Milva...gone. That bummed me out for sure.

The ending itself also struck me as a bit unexpected. I'm not saying it was bad, just not what I thought would happen. After being saved by the unicorn, Geralt and Yennefer are taken somewhere, and then Ciri ends up in the Camelot era. Ok, I was fine with this, but at one point the boat is coming, and someone's like, "They have to leave." And the response is, "I know the legend." Well, I don't! I wish there had been a short explanation, but oh well.

Brief note on the games. I've watched the games. Yes, I'm weird, and I've watched my husband play games since we were dating. I just don't have the coordination to play these things without getting frustrated. Anyway, I'm really drawn to the ones with deep storylines and interesting characters. So apparently the games are supposed to be after the books, but that didn't really work for me. The end of the series was such a great way to wrap everything up, I didn't like connecting the two. Then, I heard it was its own universe, and I was okay with that. And don't get me started on Regis coming back. My husband and I went through that for 20 minutes last night. It was an interesting debate!

The series as a whole is something I would recommend to someone who enjoys the setting, characters and has the time to read through them in a reasonable amount of time. There are so many characters and so many things going on that I had some trouble keeping up. I really did like this series, and I hope that I eventually get to read the "last" one, Season of Storms. Good Book! Fun series!



No comments:

Post a Comment