A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Saturday, January 7, 2023

The Time of Contempt (The Witcher Saga #4) - Andrzej Sapkowski

It's been a while since I posted a review. My girls were home from college for the holidays, so I spent a lot of time making the most of their visit. I always stress making the most of spending time with the people we love, and I learned how important that was last year. I hope I've taught my kids that lesson if nothing else in this life. No regerts (and yes, I spell it like that on purpose).

Anyway, on to the next book in the series. I was able to get most of this series when it was on sale, so my plan is to read through it as my fiction book for until I finish what I've got. I'm only missing the last book at the moment. I'm still going to read a nonfiction/memoir in between, I'll just focus on this series for a bit. I'm also not going to post these on Amazon. There's a zillion reviews, and I doubt I'll be adding anything to the conversation.

I have to admit I wasn't as focused on the book as I normally am. I couldn't tell you specifically what happened at certain points in the book, but I believe I remember the overall story well enough. Also, the last section of the book was pretty Ciri-centric, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, but the end was such a cliffhanger! I normally am not a fan and don't start these, but I'm invested now, so I'm all in. I also believe that I made the right call by saying that if too much time passed, I wouldn't be able to keep track of what was going on. This is definitely what I would call a continuous series.

I've already started my next memoir, and then I'll come back to The Witcher. It'll be a bit of backtracking since I was able to pick up the second set of short stories, so my next fiction title will end up being Sword of Destiny. Overall, even though it took me a long time to get through this book, it was through no fault of the story. I enjoyed the book and look forward to reading the next one. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment