A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Disconnect (Peaceful Piano) - APOC - Music

We're doing something a little different today. For a couple of reasons. First, I can't find a way to write a review of this album on Amazon, and I think it deserves one. Second, it's amazing.

As a bit of background, APOC is the drummer for a band called Smash Into Pieces. My daughter got me listening to them about a year ago, and then we all went to a concert together in Portland. That was great fun. We got to see three bands we all enjoy and spend some quality time together rocking out (yeah, I'm old). But sharing music with my girls is one of my greatest joys.

So anyway, last night, I had a major migraine. I hadn't had one of them for quite a while. My medicine wasn't working, so the lights were off, and all I had was music. I vaguely remembered seeing that APOC had done a "peaceful piano" version of the latest Smash Into Pieces album, Disconnect. I squinted my way onto YouTube and found the album after a bit of a hunt.

Art is subjective. What some people love, others won't. I love hard rock, but I also love soundtracks. What really appeals to me the most is brass, especially low brass...and piano. Not just any piano, but a certain type of piano. And this album is full of it. He uses the whole piano, but not just to pound all the keys. The lower registers are used at appropriate times as well as the upper notes. The songs aren't so elaborate that I can't tell what they are, but there's such beauty added to them.

My one qualm is the word "peaceful." I love ya, APOC, but I would argue that a more appropriate word would have been "passionate." I can feel the emotion coming through those keys, and I love it. I listened to it again this morning just to make sure my brain hadn't been playing tricks on me last night in its pained state, and the music was just as I remembered it. I immediately bought it and came here to write a review. I think it's beautiful, and I plan on listening to it a lot more in the future. If you love beautiful piano music, give this a listen. Great Album!



No comments:

Post a Comment