A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Sunday, February 10, 2019

The Innkeeper's Daughter (The Bow Street Runners #2) - Michelle Griep

This is the second part of the trilogy.  The first book is called Brentwood's Ward, and the third is called The Noble Guardian and scheduled to come out June 2019.  Personally, I haven't read the first book, and this is my first read by this author.

Alex is on assignment to find a traitor.  He takes a room at a run-down inn and meets Johanna.  She's trying to keep the place open by any means necessary, and it's going to get her into trouble.

As time passes, Alex's cover is making things difficult for him.  He's in love with one woman while trying to follow orders and court another.  He feels his loyalty should belong to his country, but it's getting harder to lie to Johanna with each day that passes.

I'll put this book in a category I'll call "just okay."  It's hard to point to a specific issue, which is unusual, but I just didn't feel invested with these characters.  I've read a lot of books this length, and I can get through one I really like in about 2 days.  The best way I can think of describing it was that it felt longer than 320 pages.  While I recognized the names of the main character in the other 2 books, I think you'd be okay reading these alone/out of order.


No comments:

Post a Comment