A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, October 16, 2017

Love's Rescue (Keys of Promise #1) - Christine Johnson

I picked this one up because I liked the description and the cover.  This is a new author for me.  I went back and saw that other than this series, the author seems to write a lot of the "diet" books I read on occasion.

This is the first book in the series.  The other two are Honor Redeemed and Freedom's Price.

Elizabeth is on her way home to the Keys.  She's been gone four long years.  She was supposed to find a husband while she was gone, but she hasn't been able to get Rourke out of her mind.  A wrecker captain, he was never considered suitable for Elizabeth, but that didn't stop her from falling desperately in love with him.  Four years hasn't changed that for her.

Rourke used to see her as a little sister, but he sees her as a woman now.  When Elizabeth's ship runs aground, Rourke has to rescue her.  He wants to be with her, but there's a lot of obstacles in their way.  Things start to get mysterious and it doesn't seem like these two will ever be together.

I really enjoyed this book.  I loved all the characters, especially Charlie, Elizabeth's brother.  There were times that Elizabeth would get lost in thought so far that she created problems or compounded existing ones.  That was a bit irritating at first, but I came to like more as the story progressed.

Looking at the other books in the series, it looks like these can be read alone.  The characters in the second book aren't even present in the first book, and book three has Tom, a minor character from this book, in it.  I was a bit disappointed about that, I was hoping to read more about Elizabeth's friend, Caroline, and her brother, Charlie.  Maybe they'll be more in the future.  I certainly hope so!

This was a hidden gem for me, and I'm glad I stumbled across it.  I'll be putting the other two on my watch list and hoping the price drops.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment