A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Hallowe'en Party (Hercule Poirot #36) - Agatha Christie

Halloween is next week, and I figured this would be a great time to read this book.  I've read a few of Christie's novels, and I've watched most of the TV series on Netflix.  Loved the David Suchet Poirot series, but Netflix just removed it.  Bummer.

Anyway, in this novel, a fun Halloween party ends in tragedy.  Young Joyce has been drowned in the apple dunking trough.  Earlier in the day, she was boasting about witnessing a murder.  Poirot's friend, the quirky Mrs. Oliver, thinks there's something more sinister than the police suspect and asks Poirot for his unusual ways of discovering the truth.

Possible suspects are everywhere, and every character I read seemed to have their own suspicions about what happened.  One thing's for sure: Joyce wasn't really a very nice young lady and was known as a liar.  Even though she claims to have seen a murder, no one really believes she was telling the truth, so who would possibly kill her?

I liked this one a lot.  I had seen the show, but I didn't remember the whole solution to the murder, so I was fine reading through it.  I liked reading the personalities of different characters, and I'm a sucker for Hercule and his mustaches!  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment