A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Codex (Armour of God #2) - Daniel Patterson

I picked this up as my Kindle Unlimited book for the month.

This is the second book in the series.  Before this, you're introduced to Zack’s character in The Tyndale Code.  As far as I can tell, that’s all there is at present.

This time, Zack is off to Greenland.  A lot of the ice that covers the country has melted, and new opportunities have opened up for Zack to look for artifacts.  He has an unwanted sidekick this time, Sydney, and does his best not to become attached to her.

When they reach Greenland, they find their expedition isn’t going to be as smooth as they hoped.  There are a lot of other research teams, and even worse, Zack and Sydney’s lives are at stake when they get trapped beneath the surface.

This is a pretty decent book.  The writing is kind of rough at times, but overall the story had a lot of potential.  The epilogue leaves you with a cliffhanger, but I couldn't find evidence of the next story.

I'm not sure what's going on with this author overall.  I saw he also has two other books, but they're showing as book 1 of a series.  Two separate series.  I can't tell much from the release dates, so I can't tell if this author just starts series and doesn't finish them or is working on it or what.  I feel like I'm left with a cliffhanger as to whether or not he'll keep going.  I think I might be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment