A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, November 2, 2015

The Tyndale Code (Armour of God #1) - Daniel Patterson

It's been a while since I've been able to post anything.  First off, I had a pile of 6 NetGalley books (which I'm still reading), then I caught this NASTY cold and have been fighting that off for a week.  I decided I needed to read something on the short side as a break from the full-length books and saw this one pop up as recommended.  It's a Kindle Unlimited book, so I read it for free.

Zack is in the business of retrieving biblical artifacts, an "Indiana Jones" if you will.  His current mission has taken him to Guatemala to retrieve a rare Tyndale Bible that's said to be in the hands of the police, who are corrupt.  He's meant to meet up with a priest, but when Zack finds him dead, he has to choose whether to leave the country or continue pursuing the Bible.  It'll be dangerous, but with a little help, he takes on the mission.

This book is on the shorter side, at about 200 pages.  It appears the second book in the series, The Codex, is also around 200 pages, so that's something to keep in mind.  They seem like a cross between a book and a novella.

I enjoyed the story on this one.  The mystery of the code on the title page of the Tyndale Bible was an interesting twist, although I ended up being a little confused at times when codes and ciphers were referenced.  Zack is a likable character, and I look forward to reading more of him.  You get a complete story with this, you're not left with any cliffhangers.  The Codex is part of Kindle Unlimited as well, so I plan on reading it next month.  Good book/novella!


No comments:

Post a Comment