A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sharpshooter in Petticoats (Sophie's Daughters #3) - Mary Connealy

This is the third book in this series.  The first two are called Doctor in Petticoats and Wrangler in Petticoats.  The series follows three sisters, and they are the daughters of Clay and Sophie McClellan.  This author has written out their story in Petticoat Ranch, part of the Lassoed in Texas series.

Mandy has been hiding up in her mansion on the mountain to try and prevent herself from getting killed.  The Cooter clan is out for blood and won't rest until her entire family is dead. Her husband has already been killed and now her life as well as those of her children are at stake.  She's earned a reputation for being a witch, and people that try to get to her seems to just disappear.

Tom has had enough.  Now that Mandy's worthless husband is dead, he's getting her off that mountain one way or the other.  He's loved her for years, and now she's free to be with him if she would just leave that mountain.  To do that, he's going to risk life and limb to sneak up on her and get her to follow him.  He uses her children to do that, but she doesn't really fight him very hard.

There's still the issue of the back-shooting Cooters, and there seems to be a never ending stream of them.  Mandy has tried to keep everyone away, she doesn't want the deaths of people she loves on her hands, but she finally breaks down and asks for help.  The call is answered, and they prepare for a showdown.

This was a pretty good book, but I'm not certain it's my favorite of the series.  The end didn't go quite the way I thought it would, and that was good.  I truly believe that if you plan on reading this book, the experience will be better if you've read the other two.  Not only is Mandy's story told in those two, but this particular book brings us up to date on her other sisters, Beth and Sally.  In the end, I give it a Good Book! review.


No comments:

Post a Comment