A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

The Witcher Omnibus (Volume 2) - various

After reading the first omnibus, I was anxious to read the second. There are three "real" stories and a one-shot.

Of the three full stories, I liked Of Flesh and Flame the best. It has Dandelion in it, and the end had a cute twist to it. After that, Fading Memories was next. The story was pretty interesting, but the end was a bit confusing. And last comes Witch's Lament. The art style in that one didn't appeal to me, and the story didn't draw me in as much as the others. The short one-shot at the end, Once Upon a Time in the Woods, was apparently made for Comic Book Day. I thought it was strange.

Compared to the first omnibus, there is no comparison for me. The first one had better stories, was longer, and I enjoyed the art more overall. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd get the first one. Even though it wasn't as enjoyable as the first one, I still liked it well enough to give it a Good Book! review.



No comments:

Post a Comment