A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Monk's Hood (Brother Cadfael #3) - Ellis Peters

Paperback #2 from the Adventures Underground spree! This one was picked out by Mom, and I was excited to check it out.

A man is poisoned, and suspicion falls on his stepson. A brother at the nearby abbey is something of a sleuth and vows to discover the truth. The evidence is stacked against the young man, but Cadfael doesn't back down from the challenge.

Very early on, I felt a sense of familiarity. The medieval aspect with Brother Cadfael and his personality sparked my memory. Looking back, I found that I'd read A Morbid Taste for Bones, the first book in this series.

I was a bit nervous reading this one. There wasn't a clear villain, and I was afraid one of the characters I liked was going to be the killer. And then what would happen? I was right about the killer being someone I liked, but everything was settled in a way that was acceptable. I liked the first book, and I liked this one as well. Also, I loved Brother Mark! Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment