A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Run Silent, Run Deep - Edward L. Beach

I watched this movie a while ago, and I wanted to read the book. Unfortunately, I ended up with a condensed version somehow. I'm guessing this was approximately 1/3 the size of the total novel.

The skipper of a sub is posted in the Pacific. The area is being terrorized by a captain nicknamed Bungo Pete. He loses a few friends and wants revenge.

I liked this book, but I could tell it was condensed. I don't think it was because the version was poorly done but more that it felt like it was over too soon. There were a lot of details about submarines and how they lined up and fired torpedoes. For some, I feel that might get repetitive, but I didn't mind it at all. I actually enjoyed it.

Maybe one day, when I don't have oodles of books to read, I might go back and try to find a complete copy to read what I missed. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment