A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Dorrington Deed-Box - Arthur Morrison

I went into this completely blind. I have such a long list of things I can read, I'm almost to the point where I close my eyes and point at a page to pick what I'm reading next. I am trying to favor new authors, though.

I'm going to be a bit cryptic with this one, because it is so unique. It's a collection of short stories, and they are mysteries. And that's about all I'm going to tell you about the stories themselves.

I really enjoyed this book. I've never read anything like this before, and I loved it. It was so clever! It's really hard for me not to say more, but I hate spoiling things when I enjoy the story. This was originally published in 1897, but don't let that fool you. If you love mysteries, I highly recommend you give this a chance. It's different from anything I've read in the genre, and easily earns a Good Book! review.



No comments:

Post a Comment