A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot #17) - Agatha Christie

I've read a few Agatha Christie's lately and enjoyed them.  I also watched the Poirot series (starring David Suchet), and in this case it hurt me.

Poirot is in Egypt taking a break, but his vacation doesn't pass without a mystery.  When a scorned woman follows her former lover and his new wife everywhere they go, Poirot is worried for the woman's path.  He sees that she's on a dangerous one, but she disregards his advice.  The wife ends up dead, but it seems like the scorned woman and the husband both have the best motive but also the best alibi.

I do like the creativity and uniqueness that Christie put into her books.  With the exception of some vocabulary that hasn't aged as well, these books are still worth reading.  I'm going to have to wait and read more Poirot books until I forget the details.  This was a good book, but my memory of the "episode" ruined it a bit for me.  Still, Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment