A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, March 22, 2019

The Heart's Appeal (London Beginnings #2) - Jennifer Delamere

The Heart's Appeal is the second book in this series about three sisters.  The first one, The Captain's Daughter, was about Rosalyn, and book 3, The Artful Match, is about Cara.

This book is about Julia, the sister who strives to become a doctor.  She's lost her benefactor, but she trusts God to provide for her.  An accident on the Underground brings her together with Michael.  He's a barrister, and he's working on a case that might affect Julia's future.  He's also letting his sister set him up with a woman who would give them a higher social standing.

After Julia saves Michael's life, she appeals to his sense of honor and asks him to tutor her in her hardest subject: Latin.  He agrees, and they start spending more time together.  No one seems to approve, especially Michael's sister (and I felt super bad for her downtrodden husband).  It's a matter of whether these two can adjust their dreams to be together.

I liked this book, even though Julia seemed a bit too preachy at times.  Both Rosalyn and Cara show up, but you just get a sense of how close the sisters are.  The elusive father is an overarching story, but it doesn't affect my opinion of being able to read these alone/out of order.

Overall, I enjoyed this one and look forward to reading about Cara.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment