A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Fighter: 5 Keys to Conquering Fear & Reaching Your Dreams - Chris Greenwood (Manafest)

Anyone who knows me knows that I love rock.  I listen to Manafest from time to time, some of it's got a bit too much rap for my taste, but I love some of his songs.  I saw this book advertised and picked it up.

This book gives you an overview of the author's journey and how he became who he is today.  It's been a bumpy journey, but Chris has been dedicated to his dream through the ups and downs.  He reveals what kept him going when things got tough and shares advice on how the reader can follow their own dreams.

I normally don't read these types of books, I have issues reading nonfiction in general.  This book was short and to the point, it wasn't repetitive, and it was interesting to read.  I appreciated the author's honesty and came away feeling inspired to stick with my dreams and develop the discipline to succeed.

If I had one complaint, it's the pictures.  They don't translate well to the Kindle and when there were multiples, they were just too small to see.  Other than that, it was very motivational, and I liked it.  Recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment