A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Read (Psych #1) - William Rabkin - DTB

This was my older daughter's recommendation for my 2017 reading challenge.  It's based off a TV show, our favorite comedy, and is the first in a series of five books.  The other four titles are Mind Over Magic, The Call of the Mild, A Fatal Frame of Mind, and Mind-Altering Murder.

Shawn and Gus have just solved another high-profile case and embarrassed another member of the justice system.  Now, Gus's company car has been towed and getting it out of impound results in attempted murder.  Gus has a close call with a car, and Shawn ends up with an obsessed follower.  When the impound lot attendant turns up dead, the guys know they're going to have to solve the case to clear their names.

You'll need to have prior knowledge of the show to read this book.  I don't know why you'd pick this up if you've never watched the show, but if you do, I think you'll hate it.  You won't understand that you have to put just the right amount of sarcasm into Shawn's voice, and just enough panic and frustration in Gus'.

If you love the show as much as I do, you'll probably love the book.  The author does a good job capturing the personalities of the characters, and even adds a little flashback at the beginning.  Overall, a great read that I ate up in two days.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment