A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

True As Fate (Ashford Chronicles #2) - Laurie Alice Eakes

This is the second book in the series.  The first book is called My Enemy, My Heart.

Chloe is the guardian of her family.  Once, she had been in love with Ross, but his affections turned to her sister, Juliet.  Now Juliet is planning to run away with Ross, but once the family discovers he's been branded a traitor, things change.  Chloe goes to a meeting set up between her sister and Ross, and he ends up captured, Juliet is kidnapped, and Chloe decides she's going to fix it all.  Whether Ross likes it or not, Chloe's coming along to the ransom exchange.

Chloe's guilty conscience and love for her sister fuel her determination, but she tries not to let her feelings for Ross show.  In the past, she was responsible for him being imprisoned on a hulk.  Now that there is no evidence he was imprisoned, his loyalty has been questioned.  She feels that she owes him a debt of freedom, and she'll do whatever it takes to see that it happens.

The more time they spend together, Ross discovers that Chloe is a remarkable woman, but his memories of Juliet cause him to try and focus on her rescue.  Their lives are put in danger, but they're determined to save Juliet.

I liked this book so much, I read it all in one day.  I really liked both Ross and Chloe's characters.  Kieran and Deirdre from My Enemy, My Heart show up, and the story is something of a continuation, since Ross and Chloe show up in that first book.  I don't think it's necessary to read the first book before picking this one up, but I think you'll get a more complete tale.  At the time of this review, I haven't found evidence of a third book, but I suspect we'll be reading about Juliet sometime in the near future.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment