A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Viscount's Proposal (Regency Spies of London #2) - Melanie Dickerson

This is the second book in the series.  The first book, A Spy's Devotion, was about Nicholas Langdon.  This book is about his sister, Leorah.

Leorah is caught at a ball comparing Viscount Withinghall to a pirate.  He thinks her reckless, thoughtless, and a hoyden and doesn't hesitate to let her know it.  They want nothing to do with each other, but a fall off a horse and a carriage accident bring them closer than they ever wanted to be.  With the gossip mongers trying to ruin the viscount's reputation, Leorah refuses to accept his proposal to save her reputation.  She's not willing to have a loveless marriage.  It also seems someone is trying to kill the viscount, and Leorah finds that she cares more than she wants to admit.

As time passes, these two come to think of each other in very different ways.  Edward has a distinct Mr. Darcy feel to him, and there were little references to aspects of other Austen novels, but I saw the most parallels to Pride and Prejudice.

This was a great tale, and I highly recommend it.  I loved the characters, especially Leorah and her spunk.  The author did a great job making sure the way the characters' feelings evolved made sense, and I appreciated that.  I couldn't find evidence of a third book, but I'm thinking if there is one, we might be seeing more of Felicity Mayson.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment