A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Rules of Murder (Drew Farthering Mysteries #1) - Julianna Deering

I've seen this book advertised and recommended for me numerous times, so when it popped up for free, I decided to give it a chance.

It's the 1930's and Drew is a lighthearted English gentleman.  Returning to his home, he is distressed to find the man rumored to have had an affair with his mother in his bed!  When the man is later murdered and his mother is found dead, secrets are uncovered and both Drew and his stepfather, Mason, are under suspicion.

Madeline has come from America to visit Uncle Mason and is drawn to Drew.  He doesn't take much seriously, but when the strange happenings don't stop at just the murder, they're both sucked into the mystery.

The rules of murder are broken time and again while the mystery gets more and more complicated.  Not everyone is as they seem, and Drew, Madeline and Drew's friend, Nick, band together determined to find the truth.

While I found Drew's humor to be out of place at times, it was his way of coping with things and overall he's a fun character.  I think my favorite out of the lot was Nick, he had such a great personality.  The author's note at the end about the "Rules of Murder" list created by Father Knox was really cute.

There are two more books in this series.  Death by the Book is the second and Murder at the Mikado is the third.  If you like Agatha Christie novels with unique mystery story lines, you would probably enjoy this book.  If you're not sure, this is available for Kindle for FREE until the end of August.  Pick it up!  I'm going to place the other two on my watch list and see what happens!  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment