A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Dangerous Passage (Southern Crimes #1) - Lisa Harris

This popped up for free and I decided to read it for my 2015 challenge for a new author.

Avery is a busy detective trying to balance her career and her family.  She's also trying to solve her brother's death in her spare time.  Girls with magnolia tattoos are turning up dead, and she wants to find the killer before he strikes again.  The killer starts making things personal and Avery is more determined than ever.

Jackson is a coroner and falling in love with Avery.  They have trouble finding time to spend together and wonder if they'll ever be able to make things work.  Jackson finds a key piece of evidence that takes Avery's case in a totally new direction.  When Avery's life is on the line, he wants to be there to help her.

This book has a lot of twists and turns and was well written.  I found myself getting wrapped up in the tension and mystery of it all.  The romance side of it was balanced well with the action, and I enjoyed the book.  Be aware that there's the topic of human trafficking in there.  Also, there's a particularly sad moment in there, but it's well handled. While this book seems to stand on its own, the case involving Avery's brother leaves you with something of a cliffhanger, so that will lead you into the next book if you decide to keep going.

The second book in the series is called Fatal Exchange and is about Emily (Avery's sister) and Mason, the man Avery thinks is responsible for her brother's death.  The third book is called Hidden Agenda.  I find myself intrigued and am putting these other two books on my watch list.  I was a little disappointed when I saw the characters for the third book, because I felt like I had accidentally read a spoiler.

Anyway, this was a good book and I look forward to reading more by this author.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment