A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, July 8, 2022

This Crowded Earth - Robert Bloch

Harry is tired of his life. The overcrowding and the repetition of his job take its toll on his mind to the point where he attempts to take his own life. When he wakes up, he finds himself in a small compound that he didn't think existed in the world anymore. I'm not going to say much more, I found that the little reveals were pretty rewarding in this book.

I think the first thing to keep in mind is this was written in 1958. Even though years are mentioned in here that have passed, I'm definitely not complaining that he got it wrong. I think the author did a good job describing the mentality and consequences of what would happen in the world he built.

Overall, I did enjoy this book. It's on the short side, but I think it ended when it needed to. I was impressed with the creativity and thoroughness of the world the author built with zero knowledge of the future. The end caught me by surprise, and I don't have a problem giving this a Good Book! review.



No comments:

Post a Comment