A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, February 16, 2023

The Tower of Swallows (The Witcher Saga #6) - Andrzej Sapkowski

Just so you're aware, I'm making these reviews of the Witcher series for myself. They aren't going on Amazon, and I'm adding in spoilers. That's in case there's a gap between reading books, and I need a refresher before picking up the next one. I normally don't include spoilers, so I wanted to add that disclaimer to explain why I'm doing it.

In this next installment of the Witcher, I followed our three heroes around as they tried to find each other. Did any of them succeed? Well...no.

Ciri has a major injury, which leads her to spend most of the book in the company of a hermit. I personally love being a hermit, so I was rooting for him. RIP hermit man. Geralt is also still hunting for Ciri, but he loses hope for a while and fears that she's dead. He forms more of a friendship with Cahir, and I like the relationship between all the members of that group. Yennefer rarely shows up, but she isn't having a great time. She spends some time in Skellig and ends up captured by Vilgefortz.

I liked this one. I'm still riding along on the continuous story. I'm going to pick a shorter autobiography and then get back to the next book, The Lady of the Lake. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment