A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Doctor Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts - Stan Lee, Steve Ditko

I've been doing something a little different recently. I've been straying away from my normal comfortable genres and authors and steering out into the unknown. I've technically been working on this Epic Collection for quite a while, but it's been an interesting ride.

This collection is the initial introduction of the Dr. Strange character into the Marvel universe. I'm not going to try and sum up a comic series. While there are recurring characters and sometimes a storyline will continue from one issue to another, it's a comic. In 10 pages, Dr. Strange confronts a foe and either takes care of the problem or you're waiting for the next issue.

Dr. Strange was one of my favorite characters when I was watching the MCU, so I had a good time reading these. I don't think they're for everyone, though. It's definitely old-school, and that might not work for some people. I laughed out loud a few times, and truly had a good time.

From the cover of an issue - not relevant to the Dr. Strange part of the comic, but my favorite visual for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment