A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Roses - Amanda Cabot

This story is on the short side, coming in under 200 pages.

Mark is searching for his father.  For the past two years, he's followed leads all over the country until he ends up in the town of Easton.  When he tries to find a place to stay, he finds a mother holding onto a sick baby that needs his help.

Celia runs a boardinghouse and needs boarders or she may not be able to keep doing what she loves.  Her husband is dead, and she has a baby to take care of.  The people in town tell her that she needs to remarry to provide her daughter with a father, but Celia won't settle for anything but love.

This is a sweet tale where you know what's going to happen ahead of time, so there's not really any surprises.  I wish more authors would be a bit more creative and stop using a sermon as the epiphany moment for characters, it just seems to be overused.

This is a well written story that I did enjoy.  It's the kind of lighthearted thing I like to read around Christmas and this didn't disappoint.  I liked the little details of Swedish traditions that the author incorporated and may just try the pound cake recipe at the end of the book.  Good Story!


No comments:

Post a Comment