A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Collision of the Heart - Laurie Alice Eakes

This was my Kindle Unlimited title for the month.  I like this author and purposely waited to "check out" my book until the one released.  This book was previously released as The Professor's Heart and includes some changes.

Mia is on her way back to Hillsdale, a place she swore she'd never return to.  A year and a half ago, her heart was broken by a man who didn't love her enough to leave.  She's back on assignment as a writer and has no intentions of staying.  A train collision wrecks her plans, and she comes face to face with Ayden.

Ayden works at the college as a professor.  A year and a half ago, Mia broke his heart by choosing her profession over her love for him.  Now, he's courting a serene girl, one who will be the helpmate he thinks he wants.  Seeing Mia again stirs up old feelings, but he knows she won't leave Boston for him, and he doesn't want to leave a place where he's sure of his future.

In addition to the emotions, there's the mystery of an abandoned little boy.  Mia saves him from the wreck, but they can't find who he belongs to.  Mia and Ayden team up to uncover the truth.  The more time they spend together, the more they both fight the feelings they have for each other.

This was a sweet romance, with great characters.  The length is something I term a "diet" book, coming in at around 200 pages.  It's short and sweet, a great story for the romantic in us all.  I ate this one up, reading it in two days.  Loved the story, highly recommend! Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment